Help Centre

Help Informations

What kind of help do you need?

Help Centre

Back to Help Centre Home
illustration of a telephone

Need Urgent Help or Support?

If you are distressed or experiencing feelings of despair - get help now.

  • Is there a family member or a friend you could call?
  • Is there a neighbour or colleague who can help?

If you or anyone else is in immediate danger or harm, then please call the Police or Ambulance Service on 999.

Do you need medical or mental health help now?

If so, then it is crucial that you contact the right person - most likely your GP. They will help you to get specialist help. If your GP surgery is closed, their answerphone will direct you to the right place.

Call NHS 111 if you need medical help or advice that is not life-threatening, or you can contact the Sussex Mental Health Helpline 0300 5000 101.

Get 24 hour support

If you feel you are not able to keep yourself safe, and do not need immediate medical assistance, you should contact the Brighton and Hove Mental Health Rapid Response Service (MHRRS) which is able to offer immediate support. They can be reached on 01273 242220 and are open 24 hours a day.  Please keep this information in a safe place in case you need it.

If you want to talk to someone about how you feel, what you’re experiencing or how to deal with someone else's behaviour, you can contact the Samaritans. Call them on 116123 for round-the-clock support. You can also contact them by email or letter.